As of now UPS Express Critical® service is available in Europe for urgent, time-critical shipments that require special handling such as aircraft parts or surgical tools. Such services are vital to the healthcare, manufacturing and aerospace sectors. A UPS team assesses the shipping request through a round-the-clock contact centre, identifies transportation alternatives and implements a delivery solution that meets time and cost requirements.
UPS Express Critical® options include air, charter, surface and a personal courier who can carry the shipment by hand from origin to destination on a commercial flight. As a global leader in time-sensitive shipments, UPS has access to virtually any kind of aircraft or vehicle around the world.
To get critical shipments to their destination on time, UPS Express Critical® will utilize the following services in Europe:
- Air charter management, including massive cargo planes for oversized shipments
- Door-to-door service for nearly any size shipment
- End-of-runway intercept service: the shipment is picked up at the end of the runway to speed up transport to the final destination
- Specialized vehicles with door-to-door ground transportation within Europe
- Increased security and insurance services through UPS Capital
Keeping customers informed of shipping milestones affects their ability to react and make decisions quickly. Customers can also manage their supply chain visibility through a dedicated shipping team, a 24/7/365 call center, transportation dashboards, customizable reports and alerts, shipment document imaging and shipment arrival forecasting.
UPS is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including transporting packages and freight; facilitating international trade, and deploying advanced technology. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.