DB Schenker’s overland transport to be dovetailed with Palletforce

DB Schenker Logistics to take over a 75-per cent holding in Redhead Holdings Ltd. in early 2016, thus receiving access to the Palletforce network

DB Schenker’s overland transport to be dovetailed with Palletforce

As part of the continued development of its overland network, DB Schenker Logistics will add its road-activities in the UK to a joint venture with the UK forwarding company Redhead Holdings Ltd., based in Bradford.

In early 2016, Schenker AG will acquire a 75 per cent-holding in the UK company with four locations. The acquisition is subject to the approval by the competent authorities (e.g. antitrust authorities). The merger could close the last gaps in the UK network. After four years a takeover of the remaining 25 per cent of the shares is foreseen in the contract.

Ewald Kaiser, Member of the Board of Overland Transport at Schenker AG: “This acquisition underscores our strategy to continuously strengthen and grow our pan-European network. It improves our access to the UK market, while the combined resources will facilitate our strategic growth aims.”

The new overland transport organisation of DB Schenker Logistics can then use a fleet of more than 300 vehicles, operated from five regional depots, serving the entire UK market.

Redhead is a member of the leading national pallet network, Palletforce with more than 100 depots throughout the UK, to which DB Schenker Logistics will gain access in the course of this acquisition. This means a significant expansion for the overland division of DB Schenker Logistics.

www.deutschebahn.com; www.palletforce.com